Tim,

> John, since you were able to boot the ultimate boot cd and run both
> drives completely, I don't think any hardware is the culprit.  Your CD
> drive, Hard Drive(s), memory, etc all work under that OS.
>
> My mindset is now leading to some bug that OpenBSD is doing (probably)
> with the ATA controller.  Probe from the ultimate boot cd to see what
> ATA controller it is using, and then find what OpenBSD is finding the
> ATA controller to be.  A minor model difference could be the culprit
> (model 1234 versus model 1234a, for example).

I am using the thunderboot ultimate boot cd.
Any hints on which tool could get the ata controller the box is using?
I can see the ATA-# supported (6,5,4,3,2).  Lots of other information.
I don't see a model/version number yet.

I will keep checking all the tools on here.

JohnM

--
john mendenhall
[EMAIL PROTECTED]