On 2007/05/18 14:39, Darren Spruell wrote:
> syslog.conf(5) doesn't make any mention of "+" prepending that I can find.

+ in syslog.conf is a FreeBSD extension, NetBSD picked it up with some
other changes (including poll and signals -> kqueue/kevent)

Neither OpenBSD nor the Linux version I just checked support +; all the
non-OpenBSD versions support the "allow spaces instead of tabs" extension,
presumably for the benefit of people who can't read manuals (though how
they'll deal with things like differing use of ! if they can't handle
tabs, who knows...)