On 27/05/07, Steven <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello,

Last update (~2 weeks ago) and the one from last night result in
sensorsd shutting down my PC within 2 to 4 minutes after booting up.
Now /etc/sensorsd.conf has an entry in it that I added to safely
shut the computer down if the CPU gets too hot.  The only problem is
that sensorsd keeps shutting the computer down even though the
temperature displayed using systat -w 1 sensors shows the cpu to be
a good 8 to 10 degrees cooler than the conditional temperature!
Perhaps the temperature is spiking at some point between systat
updating itself?

Anyhow, here are the relevant /etc/sensorsd.conf and dmesg.  Thanks
and let me know if there's anymore information that I can (should)
include.

# $OpenBSD: sensorsd.conf,v 1.1 2003/10/08 20:30:04 grange Exp $

#
# Sample sensorsd.conf file. See sensorsd.conf(5) for details.
#

# +5 voltage (volts)
#hw.sensors.3:low=4.8V:high=5.2V

# +12 voltage (volts)
#hw.sensors.4:low=11.5V:high=12.5V

# Chipset temperature (degrees Celsius)
#hw.sensors.7:high=50C

# CPU temperature (degrees Celsius)
hw.sensors.viaenv0.temp0:high=70C:command=/sbin/shutdown -hp now "System
overheating!  Emergency Shutdown!"

# CPU fan (RPM)
#hw.sensors.3:low=5000

Have you updated the userland? There was some change in
<sys/sensors.h> 2 months ago (22nd March) that required recompilation
of all userland and port utilities that interact with the sensors
framework.

If updating the userland doesn't fix your problem, then please include
`grep sensorsd /var/log/daemon` and `sysctl hw`.

Cheers,
Constantine.