I tried to play a .vob file with mplayer and got this message:
Encrypted VOB file! Read DOCS/HTML/en/cd-dvd.html
So I read /home/clock/MPlayer-1.0rc1/DOCS/HTML/en/cd-dvd.html and that says:
"MPlayer uses libdvdread and libdvdcss for DVD playback and decryption. These
two libraries are contained in the libmpdvdkit2 subdirectory of the MPlayer
source tree, you do not have to install them separately."

I even made sure these two libraries are installed in the system, but it still
gives the same error message. I also tried a mplayer compiled from source, but
that says:
FATAL: Could not initialize video filters (-vf) or video output (-vo).

Was the libdvdcss stripped from mplayer when it was being prepared for OpenBSD?
Is there a way how to play encrypted .vob files on OpenBSD?

CL<