Boudewijn Ector wrote:
The ";" at the end here means that the WRAP BIOS said it could not do
LBA reads, so biosboot fell back to CHS reads.

No O/S

And since you installed on a different machine, the geometry was
almost certainly different, so the operating system wouldnt be at
the same place (cylinder/head/sector), hence it's not found.

No idea how you can fix it, though.

Tom

Thanks anyway, it's a clue at least.
Maybe some of the gurus here know it?

Okay, I assume I need to set LBA in bios, and change the CHS settings of the microdrive.
This can be done using fdisk , but how to determine the correct values?

At second, someone attended me on the fact that I'm creating the image using a USB-based cardreader(thus scsi like) and running it as an IDE device (at Linux , hda) on my board.
different kind of bootsection? Can someone confirm this?

google for WRAP, flashboot, and PXE.

the 'easiest' way to install is to use the WRAP's own bios & a bsd.rd to get enough stuff up & running to download the .gz image over FTP & write directly onto the card.

i've done this on a soekris easily, wrap should be similar.

i'll look for some link-rotted urls later & if i can find them, email offlist

a+
scorch