* Karel Kulhavy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2007-06-05 15:42]:
> OpenBSD 4.0 man 7 ip says:
>
>          struct sockaddr_in {
>              sa_family_t    sin_family; /* address family: AF_INET */
>              u_int16_t      sin_port;   /* port in network byte order */
>              struct in_addr sin_addr;   /* internet address */
>          };
>
> /usr/include/netinet/in.h:
>
> struct sockaddr_in {
>         u_int8_t    sin_len;
>         sa_family_t sin_family;
>         in_port_t   sin_port;
>         struct      in_addr sin_addr;
>         int8_t      sin_zero[8];
> };
>
> No wonder my program didn't work properly and sent UDP with a nonsensical
> source port when I wrote it according to the manpage and the manpage is wrong.
>
> When I added the sin_len entry, it started to work properly.

not even going into that there is no ip manpage in section 7...
how on earth did you manage to screw that up? did you define struct
sockaddr_in yourself instead of including netinet/in.h? that is beyond
retarded and the real source of your problem.

--
Henning Brauer, [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
BS Web Services, http://bsws.de