On Wed, Jun 06, 2007 at 09:44:30PM +0200, Christoph Schneeberger wrote:
> I have found the article
> http://undeadly.org/cgi?action=article&sid=20061108134508 and tried to
> setup such a bridge with OpenBSD 4.1.

I also used that article to do this setup, and it worked fine...

> case 1: src host is whitelisted, connection is allowed to 1.1.1.35,
> everything works fine.
> case 2: src host is grey-/blacklisted and therefor redirected to
> 127.0.0.1, in this case i get just a timeout when i try to telnet to
> port 25 of 1.1.1.35 which as I understand is caused by many reasons,
> among them that the src hosts expects tcp packets only from 1.1.1.35 and
> not from 1.1.1.5 which is the only ip from which the bridges spamd could
> use to talk to the src host (sender mta).

I don't think case 2 is for the reason you point out. At least I never
had that problem.

Do you have the absolutely essential "pass ... route-to ..." rule correct?

--
Darrin Chandler            |  Phoenix BSD User Group  |  MetaBUG
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   |  http://phxbug.org/      |  http://metabug.org/