Just recompiled with:

        #define NKPTP_MIN 8
        #define NKPTP_MAX 191

Same result. Thank you though. We'll revisit it in the future when the money is available?

~BAS

On Thu, 7 Jun 2007, mickey wrote:

On Wed, Jun 06, 2007 at 01:39:47PM -0400, Brian A. Seklecki wrote:
The 1st stage loader just resets the prom before the kernel load.

Can anyone else confirm this?  You don't even need to elfrdsetroot(8) to
test.  Just compile bsd.rd with MINIROOTSIZE=16384.  I've been using 32768
on my 4.0 systems for the bsd-appliance project.

I've tested it on an AMD Athalon, an AMD Geode, and a VMWare machine.

you need to raise NKPTP also to say 8...

cu
--
   paranoic mickey       (my employers have changed but, the name has remained)

l8*
        -lava (Brian A. Seklecki - Pittsburgh, PA, USA)
               http://www.spiritual-machines.org/

    "Guilty? Yeah. But he knows it. I mean, you're guilty.
    You just don't know it. So who's really in jail?"
    ~James Maynard Keenan