Hi All,

I have a problem with regular expressions and can not solve it.
I wants to egrep from a big text file all mail addresses.

For testing I created this file:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

I did the following
cat mail.txt | egrep "[EMAIL PROTECTED],4}"
or
cat mail.txt | egrep "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"

But I did not get which I expected.

I got in the output (Which I not want):
[EMAIL PROTECTED] -> I believed with [a-zA-Z]{2,4} I can limit it after the "."
Or?
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  -> It should be as well not possible with [a-zA-Z]{2,4}

How can I exclude this?

As weel I got as output this which I do not want:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

$ is normall end of a line. But it should not be in a mail address.

[a-zA-Z0-9.-_]+@
I use the "+" here with the meaning the [a-zA-Z0-9.-_] has to be available
min. one of them. Nothing for a @ makes really no sense.

Every help is appreciated.
Thank you.

Regards,