* Brian A. Seklecki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2007-06-20 07:39]:
> Very bizarre.  The only advice I can offer is that maybe it's getting
> confused on "-> $nat_if" instead of the more-pragmatic "-> ($nat-if)".
>
> Perhaps the parse code is trying too hard to resolve $nat_if in the
> former, and thus finding the underlying interface instead of the logical
> upper layer vlan interface?

no way.

to teh original poster, please show:
1) ifconfig -A
2) pf.conf
3) pfctl -nvf /etc/pf.conf

specically, compare the nat rule(s) in 2) and 3). you should see
$nat_if replaced by an IP address. of course do NOT use ($nat_if) for
that

--
Henning Brauer, [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
BS Web Services, http://bsws.de