On 6/21/07, Peter N. M. Hansteen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Alex Kwan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I am first time to install Open BSD, is the OpenBSD files' system
> same as FreeBSD?  many thanks!

They share a common ancestry and the teams tend to look at the good
bits produced by the others from time to time, so with a bit of luck
it is possible you could take your /home partition with you from one
to the other.

Only if you create a new disklabel for OpenBSD. Installing OpenBSD
inside a FreeBSD fdisk is not supported, and a terrible idea. I
recently did this when I installed fbsd over a snapshot and then
reinstalled the snapshot unknowingly keeping the fbsd fdisk. It does
not work. Your shit will break. "C" will not start at sector 0. Your
partitions outside the disklabel will have completely fucked offsets.
It's bad, bad, bad, bad, bad.

Don't do it.

Jimmy.