On 6/27/07, Theo de Raadt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Various developers are busy implimenting workarounds for serious bugs
in Intel's Core 2 cpu.

These processors are buggy as hell, and some of these bugs don't just
cause development/debugging problems, but will *ASSUREDLY* be
exploitable from userland code.

Full (current) errata from Intel:

  http://download.intel.com/design/processor/specupdt/31327914.pdf

An easier summary document for some people to read:

http://www.geek.com/images/geeknews/2006Jan/core_duo_errata__2006_01_21__full.gif

This summary is for the core duo, but the errata is for. How do you
know the bugs are all the same? I mean, seeing as it's a large
monopolistic corp, I'm sure many of the same mistakes were carried
over, but all of them?

I don't know much about the recent history of these chips. Are there
any good summaries around?

-Nick