On Saturday 30 June 2007 19:31, Tom Van Looy wrote:
> Hi
>
> Today I used sudo as command to ssh and it echoed my sudo password.
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]
> $ ssh soekris sudo pfctl -s state
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]'s password:
> Password:secret_in_echo
>       <output of pfctl />
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]
> $
>
> I don't see anything about this in the manpage so I think this not
> expected behaviour. Normally I ssh from an Ubuntu box to the firewall,
> but to be sure, I ssh-ed to localhost on the openbsd box and I got the
> same result. What's wrong?

Add -t to your ssh command:
     -t      Force pseudo-tty allocation.  This can be used to execute arbi-
             trary screen-based programs on a remote machine, which can be
             very useful, e.g. when implementing menu services.  Multiple -t
             options force tty allocation, even if ssh has no local tty.

--
Greetings
Chris