Firas Kraiem wrote:
Aaron wrote:
Just a quick, hopefully easy, question for everyone.

I just installed a new 4.1 system, took a look at my options for keeping it up to date and decided that 'stable' would be best for me. When i installed i chose bsd, base41, etc41, comp41 and man41. I went through the "following stable" procedures verbatim and everything worked just fine as far as i can tell.

Which procedure, exactly ? Please provide a link.

Sorry about that.. Here is the procedure i follow when i update to 'stable':

http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq5.html#BldGetSrc

*Following /-Stable/*
If you wish to check out an alternative "branch" of the tree, such as the /-stable/ branch, you will use the "-r" modifier to your checkout:

   # *cd /usr*
   # *export [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/cvs*
   # *cvs -d$CVSROOT checkout -rOPENBSD_4_1 -P src*

This will pull the src files from the OPENBSD_4_1 branch, which is also known as the "Patch branch" or "-stable <http://www.openbsd.org/stable.html>". You would update the code similarly:

   # *cd /usr/src*
   # *export [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/cvs*
# *cvs -d$CVSROOT up -rOPENBSD_4_1 -Pd
*# *cd /usr/src/sys/arch/i386/conf*
# *config GENERIC*
# *cd ../compile/GENERIC*
# *make clean && make depend && make*
   /[...lots of output...]/
# *make install*
*
and then to do the userland:

*# *rm -rf /usr/obj/**
# *cd /usr/src*
# *make obj*
# *cd /usr/src/etc && env DESTDIR=/ make distrib-dirs
*# *cd /usr/src*
# *make build*

What i found strange is now it seems as if i have gained the misc41 and game41 file sets as a result of following stable. Does this sound correct? Is there anyway to _not_ get these extra sets as part of following stable? I don't know that it hurts anything, but I have no use for them on the system and would like to keep it as minimalistic as possible.

Thanks,

Aaron