http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi?query=sensorsd.conf&sektion=5&manpat

http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/usr.sbin/sensorsd/sensorsd.c#rev1
>.32

Thanks for the answer

So I only need the "command" with %1-%4 and no "low"/"high" specs in
sensorsd.conf?

yes

The trigger will come when Dell think the temp i to low or
high?

yes, it will trigger whenever there is any transition in state. I.e.
when you start sensorsd, sensors state in sensorsd goes from undefined
to whatever it is for every sensor, and this also triggers the
command.

If so... Is there a way of knowing at what temperature this happends. I
mean, could you ask the hardware itself with any software, or do I have to
dig into some of Dell:s docs? That is not super important, but it would be
nice to know at what value it happends, and if possible test it.

not that I'm aware of, however, I've never used ipmi

Also, isn't it possible then to have different commands for low and high if
low and high has no meanings? I mean, do I have to take care of if it's a
low
or a high warning in the command script. If low and high have meanings (as
in
OBSD 4.1-current) I could have one sensor row in sensorsd.conf for high and
one for low with different commands. Right?

No, if you read the man-pages, you'll see that every sensor is matched
by at most one entry in the config file. You can have a shell script
as the command, which can compare sensor values to the limits and take
appropriate decision on which command to execute.

You said that:
"Alternatively, you may upgrade to OpenBSD 4.1-stable that has the new
two-level sensor framework" Why do I need to go to -CURRENT if it's
included
in 4.1-STABLE? Isn't 4.1-STABLE ok? I want to avoid -current on production
servers. But after looking at
http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/usr.sbin/sensorsd/sensorsd.c it
seems I am *not* OK with just 4.1 STABLE, and that I need -CURRENT if I
want
this functionality...

In 4.1-stable we have the new two-level sensors framework, but no
changes in sensorsd other then the way sensors are addressed --
however, this change in sensor addressing is a huge improvement for
sensorsd in itself. ;)

In -current, we have the new sensorsd functionality, which is based on
the new framework. Hence my suggestion to use -current sensorsd with a
4.1-stable system -- it's not officially supported, but it works as of
today without any problems.

If you don't want to copy and compile sensorsd sources from -current
to 4.1-stable, then I'd suggest you wait until 4.2 is released. :)

Cheers,
Constantine.