* Daniel Melameth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2007-07-09 21:49]:
> I'm not certain how they interrelate, but if one is experiencing congestion,
> and, as a result, tweaks net.inet.ip.ifq.maxlen to compensate, is safe to
> assume that if altq is in use on the same system qlimit should match or be
> less than the value of net.inet.ip.ifq.maxlen?  How does one determine the
> optimal qlimit value?

ifq.maxlenand altq qlimits are not directly related.
the formeris the length of the global ip intr queue, the latter the max
for each of the numerous output queues.
there is no easy way to determine the "optimal" qlimit value, it is
always a compromise, andmost of the time, doesn't matter all that much

--
Henning Brauer, [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
BS Web Services, http://bsws.de