On Sun, 15 Jul 2007, John Nietzsche wrote:

> Dear list members,
>
> is there plans for openbsd to support multi terabyte filesystems?
> Which release should i expect to see such support?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Yes, work is being done. See
http://undeadly.org/cgi?action=article&sid=20070601190500.

In the meantime we made progress (disklabel support for large
disks/partitions, large disk address support in the buffer layer and
quite some userland tool diffs are committed) but the work is not
finished.

As things are now, even if I would commit diffs (from pedro@) I have
in my tree to support > 2TB filesystems, there are not very practical
for actual use.  As an example, with the default fragment and block
size, such filesystems will need more that the maximum memory a
program can take to fsck the filesystem, even on amd64. We have to
solve that as well.

You can help by testing -current.

        -Otto