I used to fight with such insanity constantly.

        However since printers are frequently sold and shipped
with a basically undocumented interface, and more than half the time
these filter utilites are barely reverse engineered POS's I decided
long ago that fighting with them was counterprodocutive. easily 2/3 of
the time (depending on your printer model) they are unreliable at
best.

        simple answer, postscript printers are cheap. find a printer that
speaks postscript and avoid all the nonsense.  I got one (LexMark
C510) a year and a half ago for $325 CDN that speaks postscript and
talks to my print spooler on ethernet, and most of my printer woes
went away.

* Douglas Allan Tutty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2007-07-14 08:11]:

--
#!/usr/bin/perl
if ((not 0 && not 1) !=  (! 0 && ! 1)) {