Gordon Stratton wrote:
On 7/16/07, Chris Tankersley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
We're running a web server with PHP 5 and OpenBSD's Apache 1.3.29.
Whenever a mail is sent from our site using mini_sendmail it is using
the hostname that we gave it, which doesn't exist to the outside world.
How can I have it send as another hostname, so that it sends from
[EMAIL PROTECTED] instead of [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Chris

Are you using PHP's built-in mail() function?  Look at example 1099 in
the PHP documentation for mail()[1].

Gordon

[1] http://us.php.net/manual/en/function.mail.php

Extra headers are being set. Depending on the form, it goes to a main e-mail address, and then to a backup stored at the ISP. Since we moved our website from their servers, they started rejecting them quoting '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' as the sender, even though the mail reaches our servers with the correct sender.

As a quick work-around I just changed the hostname of the machine to 'www' and that seems to have cleared it up. Not the ideal solution, but at least the mails are being backed up off-site.

Chris

believed to be clean.