>>> On 19 July 2007 at 23:52, in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Stuart Henderson
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 2007/07/19 15:38, Gordon Ross wrote:
>> Cutting down the pf ruleset to the bare minimum, I have:
>
> Might be below the minimum; there's no explicit "pass out".

No, the packets get out the "other side" of the OBSD box to the destination,
it's the return packets that get blocked.

> There's an implicit one, but I suspect it might not be keeping
> state (though the default as of 4.1 is to keep state, I suspect
> this _may_ apply only to rules configured by pfctl and not implicit
> ones). And if that's the case it won't permit the return traffic.

This is my problem - the return traffic is not being allowed back in.

Surely I don't need to write explicit "pass in" rules for the return packets ?
Or have I missed something really silly/obvious ?

> I would have a look at http://www.openbsd.org/faq/pf/tagging.html
> before you start writing much more.

Noted. However, it's not going to help me right now :-(

Thanks,

GTG