* vladas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2007-07-25 07:13:18]:

> Hi all,
>
> In hostap mode, machine freezes after pulling card out.
> Keyboard still reacts in Caps or NumLock but terminal
> does not accept any input; the following gets repeated:
>
> wi0: wi_mgnt_xmit: xmit failed
> wi0: init failed

Yeah this sort of thing happens a lot with that carbus, pcmcia
stuff.  Not much you can do about it.  I'd suspect that your card
is actually talking straight to the PCI bus or something along those
lines...  so yanking it would be like yanking any other PCI card...
x86-esque sucks.  (And here I am on amd64...  starting to understand
Miod...  maybe it's time to hook up the station 20.) Whatever the
real reason, it's a design flaw in the bus, perhaps in the card
too, maybe both.

--
Travers Buda