Michael Gale <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>       We are currently testing out OpenBSD 4.1 and have a
> requirement where we need to support multiple PPTP connections to a
> single server where the clients are behind a single NAT device. It
> does not look like OpenBSD can support this requirement, are my
> assumptions correct ?

there is a solution, although not one in the base system, called "The
Frickin PPTP proxy", which claims to work well with PPTP through PF.
Never tried it much myself -- the several times I got a request for
PPTP support the requirement went away before I had a complete setup
and testing was not possible anymore for some reason -- but it's
available from <http://frickin.sourceforge.net/> or thereabouts.

> It seems that iptables and the Linux kernel can support this, would
> this every be added to OpenBSD ?

I do *not* speak for the developers, but I think it rather unlikely
that PPTP support will be added to the base system.  The main reason
is that you can get a useful VPN solutions which the core develpers
consider superior with other tools which are available already in the
base system.

Hope this helps,
http://bsdly.blogspot.com/ http://www.datadok.no/ http://www.nuug.no/