> From: "J.C. Roberts" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 02:33:33 -0700
>
> On Tuesday 07 August 2007, Mark Kettenis wrote:
> > Over the last few weeks I've made some important improvements to the
> > OpenBSD/hppa port.  Support for newer B/C/J-class workstations was
> > added, and basically anything but the C8000 should just work.  I've
> > also fixed a rather critical bug, which makes machines with a PA-7200
> > CPU usable again (and makes machines with other CPU's much more
> > stable).  And last but not least, support for the NCR 53C720
> > Fast-Wide SCSI found on many hppa machines has been added to siop(4).
> >
> > With all these changes, I have reason to believe that most of the so
> > far unsupported D-class and K-class servers should just work, or will
> > work with just a small tweak to the code here and there.
> > Unfortunately I don't have such hardware myself, so if people have
> > access to one of these machines, could they give the latest snapshot
> > a go on them and send me (and [EMAIL PROTECTED]) a copy of the dmesg?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Mark
>
> I donated a C3000 and a J5000 awhile ago to help with hppa64 but I'm not
> sure where those machines are now. If you need them or access to them,
> you should talk to Theo or mickey or more likely, you already have
> access to them. I do have other B, C, J, and earlier parisk systems
> here but no K or D class machines. If you have particular model
> numbers, I can ask some friends and see what they have.

Rest assured, that C3000 and J5000 are put to good use by people even
if they run hppa instead of hppa64.  But I'm planning to get hppa64
running too on these boxes eventually.

Anyway, if you, or someone else on the list, has hppa machines with

"NCR 53C720 FW-SCSI" at gsc0 (type a sv 7c mod 0 hv 90) offset 830000 not
configured

or

"FW SCSI" at mainbus0 (type 4 sv 89 mod 1 hv f0) offset 3f8c000 not configured

in their dmesg, could you please contact me off list?

Regarding the D-class and K-class model numbers, I'm interested in
(partial) dmesgs of all machines that don't have OpenBSD listed as a
supported OS on http://openpa.net/systems/index.html.  Basically, all
K-class models and all D-class models except the D-220/230 and
D-320/330.

Cheers,

Mark