Le 12 ao{t 07 ` 02:18, Soner Tari a icrit :

Today I was trying to install OpenBSD/amd64 4.1 GENERIC on a system
with
the following motherboard:
http://www.asus.com/products4.aspx?
modelmenu=2&model=1418&l1=3&l2=101&l3=324&l4=0

But during installation I got the following blue lines (which I've
noted
on a piece of paper by hand):

uvm_fault (0xfffffe80 0a2de810, 0x7f8000267000, 0, 1) -> e
fatal page fault in supervisor mode
trap type 6 code 0 rip ffffffff802540a7 cs 8 vflags 10216 cr2
7f8000267fb0 cpl1 0 rsp ffff800067015c80
syncing discs ...done

At which time system halts, or becomes unresponsive. (Actually, this
error occurs during my custom install script, in site41.tgz, after
usual
OpenBSD installation finishes.)

I was suspicious about pciide, but VIA 8237A is in the supported
hardware list.

So I've installed OpenBSD on the same HD, but now on another hardware,
then inserted the HD back into this system again, but after a
couple of
services start, I got another uvm_fault error (it's similar but not
the
same, if I recall correctly), and the system hangs.

Some of the other parts are: Athlon64 4200+ X2, Kingston 1GB RAM, WD
250GB SATA2 HD.

I've disabled many options in the bios, but nothing changed. If I
cannot
find a solution, the board will be returned.

Does anybody else use this motherboard too? Do you have any
problems? If
you had a similar issue, how did you fix it, any special bios
settings?
What could be the source of the uvm_fault error: motherboard, RAM, or
even the processor itself?

Otherwise I have installed OpenBSD with my custom script on other
amd64
hardware without major problems.

I would appreciate any help.

Maybe this is due to bad memory ? Test with memtest86+:
http://www.memtest.org

You should try the snapshots to see if the problem has been fixed and
will be
fixed for 4.2.
You could also try with acpi enabled and/or GENERIC.MP.
To enable acpi: at the boot prompt, type boot -c, then:
enable acpi
enable acpiec
quit
and the kernel will boot with acpi.
To boot the MULTIPROCESSOR kernel, boot bsd.mp (and you can enable acpi
on this one too).

Pierre Riteau