On Tuesday 21 August 2007, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> in -current ftp-proxy can add tags, you can then pass the traffic
> using a rule that matches those tags (e.g. "tagged ftpproxy") and set
> a label on that pass rule.

Hello,

Was actually looking at that last night but it didn't work the way I expected.
I guess I don't know exactly when the tag gets applied.

Scenario: 'ftp=proxy -T FTP_PROXY', anchors and rdr in place. With pass rule:

pass out on $ext_if proto tcp from ($ext_if) to any port 21 tagged FTP_PROXY
flags S/SA keep state

ftp client on network fails

if I remove the 'tagged' portion:

pass out on $ext_if proto tcp from ($ext_if) to any port 21 flags S/SA keep
state

ftp client works fine

Where am I going wrong?

Thanks.