Kevin Cheng wrote:
> Hi Darrin,
>
> Thanks for reply.
>
> The reason is that we have bunch of files integrated with 4.0 and it would
> take us months to upgrade to 4.2 again. we just finished from 3.3 to 4.0 of
> upgrade few months ago, plus months of test to stabilize our 4.0 based
> applications.
>
> Should we just isolate one by one manually as safety approach?  Any CVS that
> we can trace for what files been changed for specific drivers? E.g.,
> 4.0->4.1.

what you are trying to avoid doing is easier than going the completely
unsupported route of making a Frankenstein system.

Routine upgrades of /at least/ once a year HAVE to be part of your OpenBSD
plans.  It is that simple.  "It's hard to do!" is not a valid excuse, that
means the rest of your plan is not properly designed.

Most of the benefits you gained by using OpenBSD are negated by what you
are (not) doing and attempting to get away with.

Nick.