>       Probably Bad things.

Oh-oh... I increased it to 2 minutes. Thing are a bit better now.

>       Shouldn't be. What rev of openbsd are you running this spamd box on?
> I run it on a single ide drive, I'm probably bigger than your site.

Really? We get mail for different companies... Even though it's not a
lot, we have about 600,000 entries in our DB, and IO is very saturated.

Did anybody try to offload spamd from the firewall to a server inside
the network? Something like:

internet -> FW -> spamd -> mailserver

I haven't given much thought, but I guess when spamd translates the
packet, the mail server will reply to the gateway, not spamd, right?
Any way around it?