Dear gentleman,

i have setted my NIS server using openbsd 4.1. In order to get things
easier to manage, i decide the have a directory a part for my input
file for nis database building process.

So, i change the /var/yp/`domainname`/Makefile variables the point to
the amd directory and etc directory from "/etc/amd" and "/etc" to
"/asd/etc/amd" and "/asd/etc".

I have written and common input file for nis on those new directories,
like hosts, netgroup, etc .... More specially, the master.passwd and
group files. I have populated the last two too.

When i issue "make" inside /var/yp/`domainname`. The databases are
built ok, no problem.
But things get strange, when i try to login into a client nis on my
network. Although i have setted a password for a nis user in
/asd/etc/master.passwd. That password is not allowed neither on the
client not the server box. But if after typing the login, i hit return
and return i am able to login without a password; what is the
equivalent of a password of "".

Does anybody have any ideia where i am mistaken?