Hi!

On Sat, Sep 01, 2007 at 06:19:01PM +0100, Rui Miguel Silva Seabra wrote:
>Hi,

>In order to make my mind about this subject...

>You're complaining solely of the changes in files:
>       * drivers/net/wireless/ath5k.h
>       * drivers/net/wireless/ath5k_hw.c
>       * drivers/net/wireless/ath5k_hw.h
>       * drivers/net/wireless/ath5k_regdom.c
>       * drivers/net/wireless/ath5k_regdom.h

>But not in files:
>       * drivers/net/wireless/ath5k_base.c
>       * drivers/net/wireless/ath5k_base.h
>       * drivers/net/wireless/ath5k_reg.h

>Right?

>To my eyes what he did about the first files is wrong but without
>malice. I think he took a small sample for the whole, which he
>shouldn't.

>In the case of the later 3 files, their copyright notice says:
>       "at your choice" you may distribute under the terms of the BSD
>       license or under the terms of the GNU GPL v2

>So if they chose to distribute those 3 files under the terms of the GNU
>GPL v2, it is correct to change the copyright notice of those three files
>alone in order to remove a license that the distributor chose not to use
>anymore.

IMO no. For dual-licensing using "or", you may exert the rights granted
by either of the licenses. But neither BSD nor GPLv2 grant
re/sublicensing. So I think you must keep the dual-license intact.

You may, of course, license your own contributions (that are significant
enough to be copyrightable themselves) under only one license.

>[...]

Kind regards,

Hannah.