Don Jackson wrote:
> I have gotten past all the problems I discussed in my original message
> to this list.
>
> On the AMD/Tyan motherboard with the Addonics CF to SATA converter,
> what I did was purchase a Lexar Professional UDMA 300X CF card.
> This card is faster, and provides the UDMA interface that the
> motherboard and the OS likes to use.
>
> I changed the cabling so that the flash card was the first disk (wd0
> to OpenBSD),
> and I moved the SATA hard drive to wd1.
>
> For this first attempt, I put swap, /tmp, and /var onto partitions on wd1.
> wd0 (the flash), has /, /usr, and /home

good plan, but make sure your swap is being recognized.  You will probably
need an entry in /etc/fstab.  From memory, swap on anything other than
the 'b' partition of the boot device is not automatically recognized
by the standard kernel.

> I was able to cleanly install OpenBSD and boot into it.  It appears to
> work fine.
> I do get an error from savecore that wants to use wd0b, and I'll have
> to tweak that.

Only if you want to save your cores. :)
If you don't have use for core dumps or don't have the space on
/var/crash for your entire core (in your case, 2G more than you otherwise
need for /var), don't worry about this, it just won't be worth the trouble.
You will forget to "fix" it again after the next upgrade, anyway.  Most
people will find it not worth the tweaking.

Nick.