On 9/7/07, Aaron Hsu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

re Brother 2070n printer

> Now, I run through the setup, and configure the system using a remote printer
> "P1" and the remote machine as 10.0.1.77 (which is the static IP with which it
> is configured). Everything between the wires seems fine, as I can communicate
> with the printer, but the printer does not print out the expected results.
>
> I have a PS file that is easily viewed using Ghostscript. It contains some %%
> comment like lines at the start of the file. When I send the file to the
> printer, I get a ton of blank pages printed, and either the first page
> contains the first three lines of the file printed in a staggered form (as
> though it expect CRLF and only got LF), or I don't get anything at all.

This is all I have in my printcap, works fine if I use rp from apps or
with postcript files, and rptext for plain text files.

rp|remote line printer|brother:\

:lp=:rm=brother:rp=POSTSCRIPT_P1:sd=/var/spool/output:lf=/var/log/lpd-errs:

rptext|remote text printer:\
        :lp=:rm=brother:rp=TEXT_P1:sd=/var/spool/output:lf=/var/log/lpd-errs:

Greg
--
Ticketmaster and Ticketweb suck, but everyone knows that:
http://ticketmastersucks.org

Dethink to survive - Mclusky