Rolf Sommerhalder wrote:
I did observe similar behaviour on four X4100 M2 as well (two with one
socket dual-core, two with two sockets dual-core Opterons) using amd64
bsd.mp snapshots from 23 and 28 Aug..

Currently, amd64 bsd.mp snapshot 28. Aug is running stable on those
four servers, although using a single SAS disk without RAID.

You said same action above for 23 & 28, and here you say stable for 28? However, I have it unstable for the 28 for sure.

Several days ago, there was a commit in kernel CVS about delaying
start of IPMI which is causing annoying delays at startup of amd64.
Eventually, a more recent snapshot becomes available which includes
this modification, before I get around to build a -current kernel.

I justed look now on the site and the latest snapshots was done just a few hours ago:

ftp> ls pub/OpenBSD/snapshots/amd64/bsd.mp
227 Entering Passive Mode (129,128,5,191,167,61)
150 Have a Gorilla.
-r--r--r--    1 1114     1114      6708422 Sep 11 23:14 bsd.mp
226 There, everyone likes a Gorilla.
ftp>

So, I am not sure what testing you did, unless you built your own. new Snapshots was just release now, witch I will be happy to test tonight and see the results and report back.

Thanks

Daniel