> I hope one day soon OpenBSD will adopt a nice ncurses setup similar to
> something like FreeBSD with ease to it.

        I don't think it's worth putting my efforts into. The current
installer is about the easiest thing I have to deal with from AIX, 4
linux distributions, and FreeBSD.

> As OpenBSD grows there simply is no reason, or logic to keeping around such
> an archaic method of installation it now uses.
>
> Please keep me informed if you will, I'd love to hear the thoughts, and ideas
> on this possible progress.

        I await your diffs! Please feel free to write one that works, and
fits on the install media for 10 architectures.

> OpenBSD is developed by volunteers, 10 years of development, don't you think
> with all this man power and ability, after all these years it's time to
> evolve a little?

        I 100% Agree with you. so after 10 years of use, you should become one
of those volunteers and write such a thing.

> Remember this is an OS, and part of the process of creating one is the
> evolution in making it a more simpler, and productive tool.
>
> We must rethink our ideas with these systems that they are tools to help us,
> not us having to work on them all the time in order to get them to do
> something, otherwise where is the progress and productivity in this?
>

> I remember a day when I personally sat around playing most of the time trying
> to get something to work, rather then getting work done, those days must end,
> and the tools must finally emerge as just that, TOOLS to help us accomplish
> something, not sitting around trying to.

        Personally I find driving an ncurses based install much more tedious
playing than chucking a site_install script in site42.tgz, booting off
the net and installing, as I've used the freebsd and SLS and ubunty
and solaris and aix and blah blah blah installers.  All the rest of them
require more of my time in front of the keyboard.

        However I'm sure with your fabulous ideas your ncurses based installer
for openbsd will stop that trend and be much better - since you'll be working
on something that's useful to you and you are passionate about.

> Thank you for your time in this matter.
>
> Scott Richman

        Thank you for volunteering. I await your code.

        -Bob