Just to share my personal experiences with the OpenBSD Installer, I thought I
would add to this thread.

I was a Free OS's *nix newbie trying to get around. At first, I tried Beta
Stampede Linux, but it couldn't handle the hardware on my laptop. I could not
figure out how to fix it, and it took me hours to read and guess about how it
was supposed to boot up. Then I tried a Suse disc that someone gave me. Seemed
to install great, except for the fact that it *didn't* work afterwards, and I
couldn't figure out what on earth was going on. So, then Mandrake, but that
just plain didn't work.

Enter OpenBSD. I read a few docs, that take maybe half an hour to an hour,
figure out a partition scheme, install. First try, first settings, system
boots, and works: I am an OpenBSD fan since. Hardware was all recognized, the
boot worked without bugging up with X (at that time my graphics card was a bit
weird), and my media drives were all easily detected. Does it get any easier?

--
((name "Aaron Hsu")
 (email/xmpp "[EMAIL PROTECTED]")