On Sat, Sep 15, 2007 at 06:34:03PM -0700, J.C. Roberts wrote:
> As ironic as it may seem, with today being the long anticipated release
> of the very first working decompiler, the world of open source drivers
> is going to get very interesting in the near future. In a few hours,
> possibly days, after I've installed, read the docs and got a feel for
> this thing, I could easily build a source code representation from the
> vendor released Atheros binary windows drivers. Yep, all of the vendor
> secret sauce and all of the vendor work-arounds for silicon bugs will
> be sitting right in front of me to read...

I advise against using it, as it will create an extremely muddy legal
scenario over anything you write related to the code produced by that
decompiler.

I wish it wasn't so, but then I wished there were no proprietary drivers
either :)

> Rui, you're a bright guy and you've made an admirable attempt to posit
> your views as well as support them with your reasoning but it's really
> time to stop. I hope we can agree to disagree on a few things and still
> go have a beer as friends one of these days.

Even those who resort to insults can hope that from me, I don't dwell in
the past, so you, who've been most polite of all, don't have anything to
worry :)

Rui

--
You are what you see.
Today is Prickle-Prickle, the 40th day of Bureaucracy in the YOLD 3173
+ So let's do it...?