On 2007/09/19 13:10, Alessandro Roncari wrote:
> So I am considering changing the chipset, but it is quite confusing the
> amount of different opinons on the internet.

they seem to be quite fussy about pigtail/antenna. I have some GC-WIKG
which perform really badly in a soekris with any cable/ant that I've
tried, but are ok in my X40, a bit worse than the stock ath(4) but
pretty acceptable.

> to summarize, I'm running a Soekris NET4501 with obsd 4.0 installed, and not
> able to find a good wireless chipset to let it act as access point.

I've been happiest with the senao/engenius prism pc-cards, but you'd
need 4511/4521 for that...