The kid's an idiot.  Set up qemu on the mandatory windows machine and run
your Ubuntu.  The sentence said nothing about running an emulated OS on your
monitored OS.  The kid is just a whiner "First they give me two felonies,
then they throw me in prison, and now this."  As if using Windows is more
damaging to your reputation than felonies...