On Sun, Sep 23, 2007 at 08:53:13PM +0200, Didier Wiroth wrote:
> Using "find ... | xargs tar ..." does not work as expected, as it looks like
> xargs invokes the tar command multiple times.

man xargs

You probably want to override the limit with xargs -n.

But actually, since tar is recursive, you probably just want to grab first
level names and prune out distfiles and packages.

Or, if you really must figure out every filename you want to archive (say,
if you want to avoid CVS or working directories), look up tar -I.