Antti Harri wrote:
On Tue, 25 Sep 2007, Rodrigo V. Raimundo wrote:

Is there a way to get kde's automounting functionality working under obsd?
At linux I think it uses hal-deamon plus something like pmount.
Some way to make /etc/hotplug/attach call some kde application with DISPLAY=:0.0 that lets the gui-logged user mount (or not) its usb drive ?

Why not just mount the stick (with hotplug) in all cases when it's
plugged in?

Just automounting works good when you own the machine. I'm planning futher installing obsd on public (shared) environments. I think p(u)mount can be a good solution to let an unprivileged user mount/umount removable media on its will. Sudo access to mount/umount is dangerous.