On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 03:16:35 +0300, Liviu Daia wrote:

>> Postfix would just be rejecting them and filling its logs.
>
>    Oh come on, these days you're probably rejecting > 95% of messages
>anyway. :)

Nope. Every day at log reading time I do "grep reject maillog" and very
rarely do I see a result. spamd is the genius.

>> As far as I'm concerned filling the logs of mailservers that are
>> backscatter generators is A Good Thing .
>
>    Unfortunately the people in charge with these servers either don't
>have a clue, or don't care.

If even one sees a lot of greytrap try-again messages followed by an
entry when it gives up, then it will be worth it if it causes a config
to be fixed.
R/

Me...a skeptic?  I trust you have proof.