On Wed, 26 Sep 2007, Douglas A. Tutty wrote:

On Wed, Sep 26, 2007 at 08:47:04AM -0600, Diana Eichert wrote:
On Wed, 26 Sep 2007, Markus Hennecke wrote:

As it won't probe on port 0x2e8 it will not find it. Thats why it was
disabled, the probe will have negative effects on other hardware.

Greetings
Markus

that's what I assumed, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

If this particular board doesn't have that conflicting hardware, can't
you alter the kernel with config(8) to find the UART?

Doug.

Yep, you sure could and that would be a good test for someone who already
has a decTOP.  However after more reading of the documentation it is quite
possible the UARTS are completely disabled.

thanks

diana