* Juan Miscaro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2007-09-27 11:36]:

> --- Bob Beck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> >     greylisting does what it does. It delays the initial email
> > for 30 minutes or more. what you do with that 30 minutes will decide
> > on how effective it is for you.
> >
> >     In that 30 minutes)
>
> [snip]
>
> > 4) optionally, if you check the greylist against valid local mail
> > addresses, you could trap them if they're mailing to bogus local
> addresses
> > (we do that here)
>
> Is there a standard way to achieve that or does one just hack a shell
> script together?

        Yes, there are some standard ways as documented in spamd(8)- they are
relatively new, so if your spamd is old you don't have them. see
the /etc/mail/spamd/alloweddomains, etc. etc.

        There is a quasi standard perl script which I have posted and is
available
frequently referenced in the archives of this list, and has already been
mentioned
twice in this thread.  it is not "standard" with OpenBSD because pieces of it
must be customized to be site specific, so it's not really a generic solution,
but
it can do some things the generic stuff can't.

        -Bob