On 10/3/07, Gabri Mati <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I've read a lot about timestamping a document, but dunno how it works in
> practice. How can i apply a timestamp to a digitally signed or encrypted
> document? Like i encrypt or sign a document with gnupg, but before the
> process how can i timestamp it?

you cannot provably timestamp anything.  you can only provide copies
or hashes at the time you would like to prove creation, either by
sending it to the person you want to prove it to or a trusted third
party.  or generally publishing it, and hoping you can gather enough
witnesses to testify when they first saw it.