On Thu, Oct 04, 2007 at 08:39:57AM -0300, Marcus Andree wrote:
> On 10/4/07, Douglas A. Tutty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> If you're trying to install OpenBSD on a 486 machine just to keep your
> proficience levels, why not just virtualize it on whatever is the OS that will
> boot the P-II?
>
> I have a vmware image running quite comfortably on my desktop at work.

Because the P-II only has an 850 MB hard drive and won't boot any other
drive (even though the other drives test and boot perfectly on the 486
with any OS I have), and only has 64 MB ram.

I need (well, there's need and then there's NEED), two computers.  The
upstairs one functions like a CLI + X terminal (thank you OpenSSH).
That P-II was given to me free loaded with cat hair and over heated; it
could konk out any time.  The 486 has been kept clean as a whistle on
clean power all its life and has never ever given me any problems.  When
the P-II finally dies, the 486 will be my CLI+X terminal.  The only
question is will I be able to keep up with security patches on OpenBSD
now that Debian won't run on it.

OpenBSD will also run on the P-II but with only an 850 MB drive, I can't
do patches.

Doug.