Jan Stary wrote:
On Oct 03 19:27:59, Brian Candler wrote:
The reason nobody makes free OpenBSD ISO images, I presume, is because
the user base is comparatively tiny, and it's not worth the effort.

Do you mean the effort of running rsync && mkisofs,
or the effort of writing a trivial shell script wrapper around it?
Because that's what it takes if you _decide_not_to_buy_ the official CD.

And its just as trivial for users coming from Windows. My son uses WinXP to play his games; but we worked together to build a router with OpenBSD 4.0 last year. He recently wanted to try OpenBSD as desktop on a spare system and I misplaced my 4.1 cdrom (since found again). I don't know if he read FAQ 4.3.3; but he configured the burning software to use cdrom41.fs as boot image and included filesets on same cdrom. Presto, a complete ISO install disk. It would have been trivial to add some packages. It seems to me the install process cannot find filesets if they are placed in root directory on cdrom; but that's easily corrected using expected directory structure.