ropers ha scritto:
> On 10/10/2007, Christopher Bianchi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Nick Guenther ha scritto:

>>> Can your BIOS boot from the network (PXE)? If you can set up a PXE
>>> server with "pxeboot" as the boot image then you can boot that way.
>>>
>>> Alternatively you can pull out the hard drive, plug it into a
>>> different computer or a USB-to-IDE converter, install there, and then
>>> put it back.
>>>
>>> -Nick
>>>

>> Thanks for the attention Nick, but 1) i can't boot from pxe ( damn Sharp
>> ) and 2) i wish an elegance solution without pull out the hard disk.  Thanks
>>

> DISCLAIMER: I'm talking out my arse here, and I don't know if what
> you're hoping to do is even possible. That said, here are my thoughts
> on the matter:
>
> (1) The only way to hand off control from one operating system to
> another operating system is to make a program run exclusively (not
> preemptively multitasked (
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preemption_%28computing%29#Pre-emptive_multitasking
> )) and with full access to the entire computer, including all of the
> memory (ie. outside of memory protection (
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memory_protection )).
>
> (a) To use unix terminology, you would need to start the system in
> single user mode ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single_user_mode ),
> and then you would need a program that can load the OpenBSD kernel and
> hand off control to it. In some very rare cases, programs like this do
> exist. I remember (unsuccessfully) trying to install NetBSD on an old
> Apple PowerBook 145B many moons ago. Because the firmware (ie. the
> "BIOS") of this Motorola 68K based laptop did not support loading a
> non-Apple OS, the solution there was to load Mac OS 6 or 7.whatever,
> and then run a Mac OS program that would seize control of the entire
> machine and load NetBSD. (This would have worked, except that my
> machine had too little RAM and HDD space.) The old Mac OS was not a
> proper preemtive multitasking OS w/ memory-protection; and writing a
> program to load another OS from it was only possible because of these
> limitations. Windows 2000 however is built on NT (OS/2) technology and
> has memory protection and preemtive multitasking. No a program like
> that old NetBSD boot loader cannot exist for Windows. However, a kind
> of single user mode does exist for Windows 2000, it's called the
> recovery console ( http://support.microsoft.com/kb/229716 ). However,
> the recovery console is sadly not installed by default; you can either
> boot it from the Windows 2000 install CDs (which you say you can't
> boot), or it can be installed by running "winnt32.exe /cmdcons".
> However, if the recovery console isn't already installed, then the
> Windows 2000 installation files probably aren't on your HDD either,
> and you'd then need to run "winnt32.exe /cmdcons" from the Windows
> 2000 install CD (which, again, you say you can't access). Even if you
> [...]
Thanks for the special attention Ropers :-)

Mmm i've tried qemu, but i wish install really OpenBSD on it. I've a
pcmcia but this notebook can't boot from it. The idea to crack the
windows kernel is awesome, but i haven't the skills !

In this moment i'm looking this guide to install grub from windows:
http://marc.herbert.free.fr/linux/win2linstall.html#life-of-a-linux-installer

Anyway, the last solution will be remove the hd with some cracking stuff.

Thanks all for the answers :-)