hello misc@

today I installed a new computer with -current (10/16/2007)

I did not select the X windows files from the install program because
I do not need X

I went to compile /usr/ports/editors/vim with FLAVOR="no_x11 huge"

during the build gettext complains about not having expat.

after further investigation I found this:

Log message:
All ports are now using the libexpat that's shipped with xenocara.
Add COMES_WITH=4.2 here.
ok sturm@, steven@, matthieu@, naddy@

it would appear that expat has been removed from ports.

so what is the correct move? Should I have installed xenocara anyway
even if this computer only needs a console?

any help is appreciated.

Sam Fourman Jr.