Hi!

Better to use login_radius authentication, you don't need to install any
ports,
it's in the base system. And in order to encrypt LDAP connections
you need to setup an Enterprise CA in the Windows domain, which
you might or might not want to do. Radius support is builtin and supports
point-2-point security, which is enough in your case. Works nicely with
authpf here :)

Also, keep in mind that in order to use external _authentication_ you still
have to have local _identification_ (true for both LDAP and radius). You
have to add all the users, which will be using the system, from the AD
localy into the OpenBSD.

Regards,
Daniel.