Hi,

The external 4 port hub I'm using is independantly powered.

But I have the same problem if I use the three on-board ports (two at
the rear and one at the front) or mix it up (say two on the external hub
and one in the port at the front).

My solution so far is to remove the requirement for the third disk.  It
seems rock solid until I try to use the third disk.

ciao
dave
---
Dave Edwards