On 10/24/07, L. V. Lammert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Virtualization provides near absolute security - DOM0 is not visible to
> the user at all, only passing network traffic and handling kernel calls.
> The security comes about in that each DOMU is totally isolated from the
> the others, while the core DOM0 is isolated from any attacks.

And this increases the security for the hosted (DomU) OS's exactly how?
You know, the BIOS is safe from attack too, at least as much as Dom0
is, and each machine on my network is, amazingly enough, also totally
isolated from each other.

> Nobpdy has to write any code to understand that - the secuity benefits
> are ovbious to everyone from the PHBs to the admins.

Actually they aren't. What are the "obvious" security benefits? I'm
not saying there aren't benefits, just that I can't see any obvious
security benefits.

---
Lars Hansson